This morning, however, I've woken up to sun, calm skies and the promise of Sam Bradford's Pro Day workout in just a few hours.
I've spoken to a couple of league personnel in town already and asked them what they'll be looking for in today's workout.
- Arm strength -- is there more/less/same zip on the intermediate crossing routes, deep out and fly-route as prior to the surgery
- Ball placement -- this has been Bradford's calling card in the past -- has the surgery or weight gain affected his accuracy?
- Footwork -- Bradford downplayed the transition from the heavy shotgun spread he played in at OU. Now he has to prove he can dropback.
- Weight -- Bradford impressed scouts at the Combine by weighing in at 236 pounds -- but knew he wasn't going to work out there. Has he maintained the weight now that he's going to have to workout?
- Poise -- Whether "at home" or at the Combine, throwing for every team in the league with mult-millions on the line is a nerve-wracking experience. How does he handle the pressure?
- Leadership -- While this is certainly viewed as the Sam Bradford Pro Day, other Oklahoma prospects are likely to work out. Does he actively and obviously root for his teamates or just focus on himself?
The broadcast begins at 10:45 CT.